Saturday, August 18, 2012

Hobble Creek 1/2 Marathon

I stayed the night before the race at my Grandma Nelson's house in Spanish Fork with my friend, Angie. We got up early and headed to Mapleton to pick up our race packets and load the buses. 

We got to the start line with plenty of time to use the bathroom and warm up. We were right at the front of the start. I was shooting to run just under 6:00 per mile. The first mile of the race another female runner, Kassi Harmon, told me she was hoping to run sub 1:14 and we should run the race together. I told her I wasn't in shape to run sub 1:14, but good luck and I'd see her at the finish. The first mile was quick, but after that I found a guy to run with and we were running around 5:45. I was nervous to run this pace because I didn't want to die at the end. I let the guy go around mile 7 because I was struggling to hang with him. I caught him again at mile 10 and passed him. My boys were there cheering for me around mile 10 and said I was only a minute or so behind the first place female, Kassi. I tried to pick it up to catch her, but I couldn't. I finished 2nd place with a time of 1:16:41! I was so happy with my time. I ended up running 5:51 miles! It's my second fastest time I've ever run. With the amount of training I'm doing, I couldn't have asked for a better race. I won some socks, $150 and a dozen roses. What a fun race! I'm so happy to have run a fast half. It's been years since I've done that!


Mar, Lis, Richie, Me and Dusty
Top Female Finishers: Kassi Harmon, Me and Angie Beebe




No comments:

Post a Comment